You are probably getting frustrated with your Arlo camera and you are desperately trying to fix issue of camera not syncing. This message can be annoying if you need your camera right away, but you shouldn’t worry. This issue can be easily resolved.
How do I fix Arlo Camera Not Syncing
There are a couple of reasons why your Arlo camera not syncing issue appears and we are going to cover them all in this article. So, if you want to learn more and fix your Arlo camera follow us till the end.
Step 1: Keep your camera close to the base station
Make sure that the camera you are trying to sync to be less than a few feet from your base station during the whole sync process. This process will not finish if the camera is too far away from the base station when you press the sync button.
Step 2: Read the LED information lights
- If you are using a single LED smart hub base station you don’t have to apply the Sync button. If the blue LED light is flashing rapidly your camera is automatically syncing with the base station.
- If you are running a multi-LED base station, you have to press the Sync button. After you press the button, if the green LED light above the camera icon is blinking rapidly. Your camera is syncing with the base station.
Take a note that if the Sync button is pressed for a long period of time the LED light will bling in amber color. If this situation happens to you. Wait for around 15 minutes and you can start the Sync process again.
- If you are running an Arlo Ultra Pro 3, Pro 3 floodlight, or an Essential camera. Pressing the Sync button is not necessary. These cameras are sync automatically. You will notice this by the blinking blue light. This light means that you are syncing with your base station.
- In case if you are running Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Wire-Free, or Arlo Go. Press the Sync button that is located on the top of your camera. If the blue light is rapidly blinking it means that your camera is syncing.
Step 3: Check the battery status.
A low battery may cause your camera not be able to sync with the base station. In case of a low battery, you will get an orange LED signal.
How to check the battery status?
Open up your Arlo account and click the Settings Icon. Your battery status is displayed on the Device Settings Page.
Step 4: Check also the base station status
If you can’t see your base station, you have to add it to your system before you try syncing your camera to it. This is because if your base station is not active, your camera will not be able to sync to it.
Check the status of your smart hub or base station.
- First thing to do is launching the Arlo app and logging inside the app.
- Go to Settings and then go to My Devices.
- Select your base station
Step 5: Contact support
If none of these steps worked out for you. It is a good idea to contact the Arlo Support team. They will answer all of your questions.
In this article, we have covered Arlo camera not syncing issue and we explained how to fix this issue in few simple steps. For more help with your security cameras, you can check out our other articles.
READ NEXT: Arlo Only Records 10 Seconds Fix