The Mi Home Security Camera 360 1080p is a feature-packed and affordable camera developed by Xiaomi. It is a compact wireless camera that can be controlled using the Xiaomi Home app on your smartphone.
In this guide, we will show you how to connect and install using the Xiaomi Home app. Do note that your camera and smartphone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to pair them
How To Connect Xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera 360 1080p with Mi
1. Use the 2-meter long mico-USB cable provided with the camera and plug it into a wall socket nearby. You will hear a voice saying “Waiting for connection”
2. Head over to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download the Xiaomi Home application on your smartphone. Accept all the terms and conditions of the app by clicking on the Agree button.
3. Select your country and then click on the Save button. Grant all the required permissions to the app and then click on the Next button.
4. Click on the Sign-in button and then log in to your Mi Account. If you don’t have a Mi account then you can create one by pressing the Create Account button in the bottom left corner of the screen
5. Now it’s time to add the camera to the app. Click on the Add device button and then select the Mi Home Security 360 1080p camera from the list. You can check the name of your device at the bottom of the camera
6. A QR code will now be generated which needs to be scanned in order to pair the camera with the app. Hold your mobile phone in front of your camera at a distance of about 15 cm away. It is recommended to increase your phone’s brightness to the highest level since this process can be a hit and miss at times.
7. After the camera scans the QR code successfully, the light on your camera will turn blue and the process of pairing will begin. ‘
8. The process will be completed and you will hear the voice “Pairing to device completed. Device online”.Click on the Done button to proceed.
9. Now you need to select a room where you will install the camera. You can select one from the list of recommended rooms or create one yourself by pressing the + icon at the top. Press the next button once you are done
10. You can choose to rename your camera to find it easily in the future or proceed with the default name. Click on the Next button after you are done.
That’s it, your Mi Security Camera is now set up and ready for use. Place the camera at the l ocation for your choice and monitor the feed using the Xiaomi Home app!