The Blink Mini camera comes with two mounting points and one mount that you can attach to a wall. One mounting point is for vertical mounts, and the other is for horizontal mounts. As a result, you can place your Blink Mini camera on a wall, on your desktop, on a ceiling, or anywhere you wish.
How to Setup My Blink Mini Before Mounting?
Before you mount your Blink Mini and attach it to a wall, it’s best that you set everything up first. This will save you from the trouble of removing it from the mount if there are any issues. Initially, you should remember to remove the protective plastic covering the camera lens. After that, dive into the Blink app and follow these steps to set up your Blink Mini camera.
- Step 1: Create an account in the Blink app
- Step 2: Click on the Plus (“+”)icon located at the top right corner of the screen
- Step 3: Choose the “Mini Camera” option
- Step 4: Enter the serial number and name your camera
- Step 5: Click on “Discover Device” and hit “Connect”
These are the steps that will set up your new Blink Mini camera. After you’re done with this, you can tweak the settings to adjust sensitivity, microphone settings, and everything else.
How Do I Attach My Blink Mini Camera to the Mount?
Before you can mount your new Blink Mini to the wall, ceiling, or another location you need to know how to actually attach the camera to its mount. The process is very simple. All you have to do is choose which mounting point you want to use based on where you’re mounting the camera. If it’s on the ceiling use the horizontal mounting point. If it’s on a vertical wall then use the vertical mount point.
Then, simply push the ball from the mount inside the round mounting point on the Blink Mini. Don’t be afraid to use force. The camera is designed to withstand it so that it doesn’t come off its mount with ease.
? Tip: Attach the Blink Mini to its mount after you’ve installed the mount on a wall. This will make everything a lot easier.
How Do I Mount My Blink Mini Camera: Step By Step
The Blink Mini comes with its own mount and included screws for mounting it on a wall. While you’re installing the mount to the wall, set the camera aside and then simply attach it after this process.
To mount your Blink Mini camera, you have to do the following:
- Choose a location where the camera will sit
- Press the mount up against the wall
- Use the included screws to secure it in place
- Tuck the cable between the molded clips at the base of the mount
- Thread the end of the cable through the retainer ring on the mount
- Attach the Blink Mini to the mount
- Connect the camera with the USB cable and aim it accordingly
Now you’re finally done. All that’s left is to tweak the settings in the app to make sure that the camera is recording properly. Keep in mind that you can flip the image if the camera is mounted on a ceiling. The app features lots of options and adjustments for such cases, so be sure to optimize it accordingly.
READ NEXT: How to Remove Blink Mini Camera From Mount