Blink Cameras stand out for their wireless accessibility and user-friendly features. Blink cameras allow homeowners to remotely monitor their properties and keep a close eye on their surroundings.
However, there are cases when it becomes necessary to share access to Blink cameras.
In this guide, we will show you different methods and step-by-step instructions for sharing access to Blink cameras with trusted individuals.
How To Share Blink Camera Access
Why Do You Need To Share Camera Access To Trusted Individuals?
Sharing access to Blink cameras becomes essential in situations where multiple individuals need to monitor a property or when homeowners are away and require someone to keep an eye on their places.
By granting access, trusted individuals like family members, housemates, or caregivers can view live feeds, receive alerts, and actively contribute to overall security.
Are There Multiple Methods To Share Camera Access With Blink?
Blink offers several convenient methods for sharing camera access, providing flexibility and ease of use for users. These approaches include sharing through the Blink app and, adding users to the Blink account.
How To Share & Add Users To Blink Camera Access | Step-By-Step Guide
In just a few simple steps on your smartphone or your tablet, you will be able to send an invitation to your trusted individual and send them a sharing access for your Blink Security Cameras.
In the steps below you will see the steps on how you can grant access through the Blink application.
Sharing via the Blink App:
- Launch the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select the desired Blink camera you wish to share access to.
- Access the camera settings or options menu.
- Choose the “Share Access” or “Invite” option. (Depending on the model)
- Enter the receiver’s email address or Blink account username.
- Specify the level of access you want to grant (e.g., Live View, Arm/Disarm, etc.).
- Send the invitation.
- The receiver will receive an email or notification with instructions to accept the invitation and set up their Blink account.
With the method explained below, you can add users to your Blink account and give them more access rather than sharing it.
Here you can also set limitations to these accounts or also make them owners.
Adding Users to the Blink Account:
- Open the Blink app.
- Navigate to the account settings or options menu.
- Select “Manage Account Users” or a similar option.
- Choose “Add User” or “Invite User.”
- Enter the recipient’s email address or Blink account username.
- Determine the desired access level.
- Send the invitation.
- The recipient will receive an email or notification with instructions to accept the invitation and set up their Blink account.
Things To Do After Sharing Access On Your Blink Devices
Share access only with trusted individuals: Limit access to Blink cameras to individuals you trust and who have a genuine need to monitor your property.
Control access privileges: Consider the specific level of access each user requires and grant permissions accordingly. Not everyone needs full control or administrative privileges.
Regularly review and manage access: Periodically review the list of users with access to your Blink cameras. Remove access for individuals who no longer require it or whom you no longer trust.
Secure your Blink account: Implement strong passwords, enable two-factor authentication, and regularly update your account credentials to prevent unauthorized access.
Sharing your Blink camera access to trusted individuals is very important and is needed whenever you are not home and some of your trusted friends can help you out with any situation.
Whether it is a home or a firm, sharing these video footages to trusted people is okay to a certain level of privacy and security.