The Skybell HD Wi-Fi doorbell can be a great way to secure your home or office and protect your property from intruders. You can set up the doorbell using your smartphone and check who’s currently knocking on your door. In this article, we will tell you how to install, refresh and reset the SkyBell HD Wi-Fi doorbell.
How to Install, Reset, Refresh the Skybell HD doorbell
1. First you will need to remove the doorbell you are currently using at your home or office. Use the screwdriver to unmount and remove the two screws mounted at the top and bottom. After you do that, you will see two sires underneath the doorbell. Most doorbells use two wires including the Skybell one so you can good to go. However, if your doorbell has a different wiring system then the Skybell HD doorbell won’t be compatible with it.
2. Turn off the power going to these wires from the grid by switching off the circuit breaker of your home. You will notice two wires connected to the back of your existing doorbell with two screws. Loosen up these screws and remove the wires from your doorbell. Now you are ready to install the Skybell HD doorbell.
3. Place the mounting plate of the SkyBell and place it against the wall on which you wish to mount the new doorbell. Grab a pencil and mark the location of the two screws which you need to drill
4. Use the drilling machine to drill holes into the wall of your house. Place the mounting plate on top of the holes and pass the wires through the hole in the centre.
Now screw the mounting plate with the help of the included screws and make sure to tighten them up.
Place the two doorbell wires and wrap each one of them to the screw on the left. It hardly matters which wire is wrapped around which screw because they are only required to close the circuit and ensure that your bell works. Just make sure that these wires don’t touch other.
5. Now place the SkyBell HD doorbell on the mounting place and attach it from the top side of the top side.
Use the screwdriver to tighten the screws at the bottom of the bell.
6. Your new SkyBell HD doorbell is now mounted and ready to use. It will automatically start and flash red and green lights. It’s time to continue the setup process in the SkyBell app.
Setting up the SkyBell HD app
Now that you have successfully installed the doorbell on your property, it’s time to configure it using the app.
You will need to download the SkyBell HD app that is available for both iOS and Android devices. After doing that, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Open the app after installing it and click on the Signup option
2. Fill in all the required details such as the email address, password and name.
3. Now click on the Add a new Skybell option
4. The app will now sync with your doorbell mounted outside. Ensure that your SkyBell is flashing red and green lights.
If you are not seeing those lights then follow the instructions shown on the screen. Click on the Next button once done.
5. Now close the app and head over to the settings app on your smartphone. Go to the Wi-Fi section if you are using an iPhone.Android users just need to select their home Wi-Fi network.
6. In the choose a network menu, select the SkyBell HD network shown in the list
7. Open the SkyBell app and select the Wi-Fi network that you use at your home and then click on the Next button.
8. Enter the password of your Wi-Fi network and then tap on the Next button.
9. The app will configure the settings and connect to the Wi-Fi network in your home.
10. After the process gets completed, click on the “Go to my SkyBell” option at the bottom.
11. A new screen will appear where you will be able to watch the live feed and the recent activity from your SkyBell doorbell. It will appear empty at first but after a period of time, you will notice some activities. You can also configure the settings by pressing the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
Now that you have successfully installed and configured your new doorbell there might be some instances where you might stop receiving activity notifications from the doorbell or if you changed your Wi-Fi password then the doorbell might stop responding. In this case, you will need to refresh or reset the doorbell manually.
To refresh the doorbell, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Head over to the location where you have installed the SkyBell HD doorbell and press the SkyBell button for 45 seconds.
2. You will notice the green LED flashing rapidly on the bell and then switching to a red/green one and flashing a blue one at last.
3. After the doorbell shows a blue flashing LED, you will need to release the button. This will complete the process of soft reset or refresh.
4. Your doorbell will now take around a minute to boot up and connect to your home Wi-Fi network. It will now operate normally and show the green colour LED
In order to reset the SkyBell HD doorbell to its factory settings, follow these steps:
1. Open the SkyBell HD app on your smartphone and go to the accounts section.
2. In my devices menu, select the doorbell and click on the delete device option.
3. Now go the doorbell installed outside and remove it completely from its mounting plate with the help of a screwdriver.
4. If you see any lights blinking on the bell then wait for 30 seconds and it will be turned off. Install the doorbell back on the mounting plate and tighten the screws.
5. A solid green LED will now be visible on the bell. Wait 30 seconds for the bell to powerup and you will see an orange blinking light. Wait for another 20 seconds and hold the button on the bell. It will cycle through different modes and you will hear a little jingle. Release the button when you see a green and red flashing light
6. Now the bell is ready to connect and sync with the mobile app. Follow the process of configuring the app mentioned above and you are good to go.
That’s it, these are all the steps you need to follow in order to install, refresh or reset your SkyBell HD Wi-Fi doorbell.